The vessels are under construction at the shipyard JSC Leningrad “Pella”, located outside St. Petersburg. Murmanseld 2 is the owner of the new trawlers. This is one of the first contracts on new fishing vessels in the Russian market, and is a very important contract for MMC. The contract value is close to NOK 100 million.
MMC, together with the shipping company, and the ship design company Cramaco in Tromsoe, has designed the efficient and environmental friendly marine freezing systems.
MMC in Tromsoe will deliver service and follow-up during new constructions of the vessels, and MMC at Vigra will design and deliver the marine freezing systems.
- It is not easy to enter the Russian market. Long and good relations between ship-owner, ship consultant and MMC has been decisive to win this contract. This also confirms the quality of our products. We are very pleased and humbled to win this contract with 4 deliveries to one and the same customer, says Sales Manager Petter Kåre Grytten at MMC Refrigeration.
Modern freezing plants
The freezing plants to be delivered have the most efficient and environmental friendly design in the market. The solution ensures fast freezing in automatic vertical and horizontal freezers onboard the ships. Here most systems are automated and they are designed for long and safe operation. The plants are delivered with customized automation systems that is accessible for remote control/service.
The first two deliveries of the freezing plants are scheduled for delivery first quarter of 2018 and the last two the first quarter 2019.
Facts MMC First Process
MMC First Process is organized in three business areas, Fish Handling, Process and Refrigeration. Main office in Fosnavåg with branches in Vigra, Sjoeholt, Tromsoe and Haugesund.
MMC Refrigeration supplies and provides service for refrigeration and freezing plants for fishing, farming and onshore facilities. With main office in Vigra with branches in Tromsoe and Haugesund.
For further information, please contact: Sales Manager at MMC Refrigeration, Petter Kåre Grytten. Mobil: +47 907 42 077
FACTS Havyard Group ASA
Havyard Group ASA is a maritime technological company that provides products and services within seafood, energy and transport. Havyard Group ASA is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange, Ticker HYARD. Main office is in Fosnavaag, and there are 700 employees in the group of companies.
Havyard Group ASA divides into five business areas:
• Havyard Ship Technology in Leirvik in Sogn (shipyard) with branches in Fosnavaag and Turkey.
• Havyard Design & Solutions with main office in Fosnavaag and branches in Aalesund, Poland, Singapore, Shanghai and Croatia
• NES Power & Systems in Aalesund and Bergen, Norway
• HPR with main office in Gdansk, Polen and with branches in Norway, Denmark and France
• MMC First Process with main office in Fosnavaag and with branches in Vigra, Sjoeholt, Tromsoe and Haugesund.